Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Why blog?

Now that blogging is "out" and Twitter is "in," I decided to start a blog. Maybe nobody will notice.

More to the point, I didn't think I had anything to say. I much prefer to learn from others, especially through web surfing. It's amazing what you can learn in just a few hours of research. Basically, I am a perennial student, especially of science and technology. It doesn't pay much, but it's great fun.

Then, this morning, while trying to find out what the heck is a plasmon, it occurred to me that 1) I probably wouldn't remember unless I wrote it down, and 2) there might be other people out there who are also weird and want to be introduced to the same question. Hey, that's called a blog!

Higher aspirations are always good. Maybe I can become a little-known version of David Pogue.

No comments: